Thursday, February 23, 2006

Just a song before I go....

In life, we have to take the good with the bad. Though at times, it may seem that there is more bad than good, we cannot adopt the attitude of "poor me", or, "life sucks". In that mind-set, nothing will ever seem better.

Next time something bad happens, try to think to yourself: Ok, this is bad, but I am strong, and can overcome anything. This incident will pass, and will fade into a memory that I can learn from. I'll get all the negative thoughts and emotions out now, and will not surpress any of it. I will deal with this in a healthy manner, so that it gets out of my system, out of every pore in my body. Then tomorrow, I will wake up with a smile, thank TPTB for letting me make it through the night, and start anew in the morning. But for tonight, I will list five things in my life, that are good. That make me happy. That make me smile. That I cherish. And I will go to sleep thinking of these good things, and sleep better than I did last night.

For some, this could be rather difficult, especially for those suffering from serious mental disorders. But, who's to know that it couldn't help, just a little? This by no means is meant as the solution. It's something that works, at times, for me, a die-hard clinically depressed insomniac. But, what have you got to lose if you try?

It is the passion that is in a kiss that gives to it its sweetness;
it is the affection in a kiss that sanctifies it.
- Christian Nestell Bovee -