Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Here it is, 1:41am, and I'm wide awake. This is getting so darn frustrating! And the more frustrated I get, the harder it is to fall asleep, and it's just a vicious little circle that my brain keeps playing with me.

Now last night, I was in bed before 10pm, and slept until my alarm went off at 6am. What was the difference between yesterday and today? Yesterday was my workout day. I was at the gym by 7:15am Monday morning, and wasn't back home until 10:30am. Nice long workout, jacuzzi for 10 minutes, then a nice hot shower. And it was HARD not taking a nap Monday, but I didn't, which is why I was in bed before 10 and sooooooouuuuund asleep......all night. I woke up this morning, or Tuesday morning, feeling as if I had slept! That was the first time this year I have felt that way.

So, why don't I work out every day? Because my Doctor has advised me not to. He said that my body needs 24 hours to rest after it's been exercised for more than an hour, and my workout is an hour and a half. So, after I get home from the gym, later in the morning, I'm going to put a call into him, and see if it would be ok if I did water aerobics inbetween the days I do my regular workout. If not, well, I know me, and I'll do what I want to do and what appears to work for me.

I have to say, that so far, the days after my workout, my muscles aren't aching like they did before. Why is that, you may ask? Because I'm forcing myself to get into the jacuzzi after I work out. Why forcing myself? Because I have this phobia about getting into public jacuzzi's where people can pee in the water! LOL Yeah, I know, gross, but that's what people do! I remember, when I was 16, and my dad bought us all memberships to George Eifferman's Gym in Vista, California. My sister and I used to get into the jacuzzi after our workout, until one day, when we were getting ready to get in, and there was, ahem, human feces at the bottom! Can we say EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEWWWWWWWWWWWW?

Since then, I haven't been able to get into a public jacuzzi. Which is why the last time I had a gym membership, which was a little over 10 years ago, I never got into the jacuzzi, and my muscles hurt like crazy the next day. So, I'm not even thinking about it when I get into that hot bubbly water now. I just get in, sit back, close my eyes, and concentrate on breathing in and out through my nose. Which is how I start my meditations......which used to work to help me go to sleep, but it doesn't now, because my brain won't stop shooting all these idiotic messages to me.

Like I said......vicious circle. And it's now 1:55am. Time to play Bejeweled2.

*sigh*